• Permanent full-time with monthly RDO
• Commencing salary $75,961 p.a. + 9.5% super
• Daylesford location
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an Accountant to join our Council. Reporting to the Manager Financial Services you will provide a high level of financial management information to the wider organisation.
You will also provide specialist advice to Managers regarding the planning and administration of their budgets and prepare monthly management reports for Council and/or the Executive Management Team.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Communicate with managers to reconcile and review data information supplied by them to prepare monthly management reports.
• Processing and review for accrual; internal charge and other journals required within our system, TechnologyOne to support monthly reporting processes.
• Assist the team and support Managers with the coordination, preparation and delivery of workshops and training related to budgeting, budget preparation; and financial reporting.
• Prepare monthly management reports to the Council and/or Executive Management Team.
• Be involved in the planning of the budget process; preparation of base budget data; assistance to managers in budget entry processes; and reporting and preparation of formal budget documents.
• Research, analyse, and provide specialist advice in delivering specific projects, both financial and non-financial in nature.
• Assist with the preparation and timely completion of other services provided by the financial services team.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Tertiary qualification in accounting, business, or commerce, or significant progress toward such qualifications would be considered an advantage
• Significant experience in local/state government administration or in another organisation of similar size.
• Demonstrated track record of achievements and project work in relation to financial accounting.
• A self-starter and motivator able to manage and prioritise tasks with little supporting resources.
• Demonstrated use and development of financial systems.
• A good knowledge base and skills in relation to information systems and business processes.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Danielle How, Manager Financial Services on 03 5321 6418.
Applications close: Sunday 15 December 2019
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.