Artisan Agriculture Facilitation Specialist
• Three Year Fixed Term Full Time (monthly RDO)
• Commencing salary $85,299 p.a + 9.5% superannuation
• Located in Daylesford
The Shire of Hepburn is known as the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area prides itself on its unique local businesses, restaurants, spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work! Council offers a supportive, professional and motivating work environment and encourages its staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community.
Victoria is a major producer of food and fibre commodities, accounting for approximately one quarter of Australia’s total agricultural production (by value). We are also a leading centre for food manufacturing, research and development.
The artisanal sector encompasses the production of high value produce or premium food on a small scale or by specialised techniques, and with a clearly identified provenance. It creates a connection between the consumer and producer that allows customers to experience the authenticity and story of the product, in a way that provides direct value to both the producer and the consumer.
Collective Vision for the Sector
That Victoria is celebrated for its diverse, vibrant artisanal sector and is renowned as Australia’s key destination for unique regional food experiences and agritourism offerings.
The Central Highlands Region is a place where the artisanal sector can flourish. Artisan producers have access to skills, training and support to build their business, tell their story, strengthen their connection to consumers, and hone their craft. There are reduced barriers to entry and growth, and reliable supply chains for artisan producers. Small-scale businesses are increasingly resilient, while those that aspire to grow, can.
1. Build sector capabilities by facilitating access to equipment, tailored business skills, and specialised skills and training for artisan producers.
2. Facilitate access to government support and services and enhance regulatory capabilities.
3. Support sector-led development of collaboration, community education, and co-ordinated leadership and advocacy for Central Highland’s artisan producers.
4. Promote the artisanal sector as a vibrant and valued part of Central Highlands and Victoria’s agricultural landscape and regional flavour.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in Agronomy, Science and / or Business with at least five years relevant work experience
• Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining productive and positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to address complex problems through the development of strategic approaches and responses, including consideration of multiple variables and stakeholder views.
• Successful development and delivery of projects that demonstrate innovative solutions, tight timeframes and exceptional value-for-money
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, timelines and priorities in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including the provision of clear reports, concise briefings and presentations to diverse audiences and ability to meet short, critical timelines.
• Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun, and how they relate to this role
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion contact Rebecca Pedretti, Coordinator Economic Development on 03 5321 6105.
Applications close: Sunday 17 November 2019
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.