Arts, Culture & Reconciliation Officer
- Daylesford location, Part time, 4 days per week
- Be a key lead for implementation of our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- Band 5 commencing salary $62,106 p.a. pro rata + 9.5% superannuation
This role is an exciting opportunity to join Council and to support the artistic and cultural communities within Hepburn Shire. Cultural experiences enrich all of our lives, celebrate our identity and strengthen our connection to place.
This role is ready for you to shape as your own and requires a high level of collaboration and creativity to succeed in meeting community needs and aspirations. Primarily focusing on developing, coordinating and supporting a diverse range of well managed arts, culture and heritage programs throughout the Shire, you will also be involved in Councils arts and cultural planning and promotion.
You will coordinate the implementation of Council’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) with the vision of promoting unity, respect and understanding between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and other community members within the Shire.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Proven experience in community development within an arts, cultural or heritage context and a good understanding of contemporary practices and principles. A formal qualification is highly favourable as is experience in a local government setting.
- Experience in supporting arts and cultural programs and projects through collaboration and community partnerships.
- Strong planning, communication and networking skills, particularly to leverage funding and partnership opportunities for community benefit.
- Knowledge of the broader reconciliation context in Australia and specifically the Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) framework would be advantageous.
- Experience supporting and developing artistic and creative communities and industries.
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering effective community engagement plans and collaboratively working with a range of stakeholders to achieve outcomes that consider all involved.
Why Hepburn Shire Council?
The Shire of Hepburn is known as the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area prides itself on its unique local businesses, restaurants, spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work!
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion please call Rachel Palmer, Coordinator Community Partnerships on 03 5321 6425.
Applications close: Sunday 10 March 2019