Asset Inspections Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary from $54,322 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint an Asset Inspections Officer.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective facilitation and co-ordination of the approval and notification processes for all road occupation, road works and road use proposals within the Shire undertaken by external service authorities, contractors and the public.
- To undertake surveillance and scheduled response and asset condition inspections of all infrastructure assets within the municipality in accordance with Council Policies.
- To develop, maintain and review the infrastructure works approval and notification management system and inspection programs, ensuring that all services provided are cost effective, efficient and carried out in a safe manner.
- The provision of service excellence in pursuing Council’s goals of delivering cost effective, quality services in a competitive environment with a strong customer focus.
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant formal qualifications in a related field and/or demonstrated asset inspection/management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of road, bridge, drainage and other Council asset maintenance/construction techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in assessing, maintaining and repair of physical infrastructure assets owned or controlled by Council including (but not limited to) roads, bridges, drains, and building/structures.
- Well developed analytical and investigative skills.
- Timely and appropriate judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to ensure quality service delivery to customer to customer specifications.
- Level of functional and technical skills.
- Must hold a current Victorian motor vehicle licence.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Steve Millard, Manager Strategic Asset Management on 5321 6407.
Closing date: Sunday 12 June 2016