3 yr Fixed Term Contract – Part Time – 3 days per week
Band 5 (commencing salary from pro rata $60,650 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint an Biodiversity Officer to build the capacity of people in Hepburn Shire to protect, enhance and restore biodiversity across the Shire.
We are looking for a motivated professional with experience in delivering biodiversity conservation projects to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you are passionate about making positive changes for the local community, please come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Qualifications in biodiversity conservation, environmental science, natural resource management or similar is preferred.
- Extensive experience in delivering biodiversity conservation projects utilising collaborative partnerships.
- Current Driver’s licence.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven experience in project development, implementation and evaluation processes.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective education and training programs regarding biodiversity conservation
- Understanding of the legislative context in regard to natural resource management and biodiversity.
- Demonstrated understanding of farmers land management issues and capacity to work in collaboration to achieve positive outcomes.
- Experience in landowner and community group liaison and negotiations.
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Kathleen Brannigan, General Manager Community Service on 0438 481 324.
Closing date: Sunday 3 December 2017