Casual Customer Service Officer (Town Hall Bookings)
- Casual basis – estimated hours – 15-20 per week
- Flexibility outside office hours and weekends to attend the venue
- Band 4 – $35.29 per hour (inclusive of 25% casual leave loading) plus 9.5% superannuation
Council is seeking to appoint a Casual Customer Service Officer (Town Hall Bookings) to work on a casual basis with the estimated hours required each week to be between 15 to 20 hours. We are seeking someone who has flexibility to be available outside office hours and weekends to attend the venue. Hall attendance at short notice is sometimes required therefore someone that resides locally would be desirable.
Key Responsibility and Duties:
- Meet with potential Hall hirers and conducting tours of the facility.
- Liaise with Customer Service Duke Street in relation to Town Hall bookings.
- Provide entry to Hall hirers and processing booking checklists.
- Ensure the security of the Hall and offices during, and following, functions.
- Report any damage resulting from Hall hire, or any non-compliance with hire conditions including ensuring the Hall has been left clean.
- Liaise with the Senior Citizens committee regarding access to Senior Citizens’ facilities.
- Raising and Lowering of the Flags at Town Hall when requested.
To be successful you will possess:
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise own work, within set guidelines
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate with staff, hall hirers and users in order to gain their co-operation.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to discuss and resolve problems.
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a police check.
To apply, please submit your application including:
• Cover letter; and
Please submit your application to email@example.com. Alternatively can you submit your resume in person at the Daylesford Customer Service counter, Council Office at the corner of Duke & Albert Streets, Daylesford or via the post PO Box 21, Daylesford, Vic, 3460.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/hepburn.
For further information please call 5348 2306 and ask to speak with a member of the People & Performance team for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Wednesday 15 August 2018