Casual Customer Service Officer
Band 4 inclusive of casual leave loading – $34.36 per hour
Plus 9.5% superannuation
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for art , culture, food and wine.
Are you flexible and available at short notice? We are seeking casual staff to backfill Customer Service in our Duke Street, Daylesford office during:
- Unexpected employee absences, sick leave, carers leave
- Planned leave periods, including annual leave and rostered days
- Coverage for peak or seasonal work periods
Please note there may be opportunities to provide casual backfill at the Creswick Hub and The Warehouse – Clunes too.
Provide a high level of customer service to the public, Council and its departments by:
- Responding to and resolving counter and phone enquiries in a timely and accurate manner;
- Screening and transferring of incoming calls within the organisation,
- Ensuring the secure collection of monies from the public,
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of Council operations,
- Dissemination of information, documents and forms of a general nature to the public, and
- To ensure that all the resources within his/her control are utilized as efficiently and effectively as possible in the conduct of the position.
To be successful you will possess:
- Well developed customer service, time management and administration skills
- Prior experience in a busy customer service role
- Excellent presentation
- Excellent telephone manner
- Be available to work at short notice during the hours of 8:30am to 5:15pm Monday to Friday
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion call Rachel Palmer, Customer Service Team Leader – Daylesford on 03 5321 6425.
Closing date: Sunday 8 January 2017