Civil & Survey Design Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $59,922 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Civil & Survey Design Officer.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
The position objective is to manage all of the design and survey requirements of the Hepburn Shire Council predominantly from the Infrastructure Department including roads, bridges, open space and recreation design projects.
It is anticipated that the person responsible for this position should possess the following.
- Qualifications in civil engineering / drafting.
- Excellent technical knowledge of CAD design packages.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Project.
- 5 – 8 years civil design experience with a commitment to ongoing training.
- Strong focus on QA, OH&S and the environment.
- Commitment to continuous approval.
It is also envisaged that the person will have the following.
- Experience in the design of civil and services works associated with municipal road construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- An ability to meet deadlines.
- Is self motivated with an ability to work in a team environment to deliver innovative and workable design solutions.
- An enthusiasm to direct and manage staff and external consultants.
To apply, please submit your application through s SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Carl Telfar, Manager Strategic Project Delivery on 0438 184 248.
Closing date: Sunday 20 November 2016