Cleaner Team Leader
- Permanent Part Time role (70 hours per fortnight)
- Band 4 commencing salary $72,592* p.a. pro rata plus 9.5% super
- Commencing 1 July 2019
We are currently seeking an experienced individual with supervisory skills, a high level of attention to detail and a passion for delivering positive outcomes for the community. Lead Council’s team of staff and oversee the performance of cleaning duties throughout the Shire ensuring the highest possible standards are achieved.
About the role
This role is primarily responsible for providing general supervision and guidance to cleaning staff to ensure scheduled tasks and priorities are met on a daily basis. You will be required to coordinate a team including managing the rostering of staff across varying shifts and multiple locations. Your ability to motivate team members and facilitate a go-getting approach will ensure high quality cleaning services are delivered and maintained within the community.
You will be flexible with your availability and willing to work a variety of shifts including weekends, public holidays and evenings. Strong communication skills and a personable nature are important attributes for the successful candidate. The successful candidate needs to be an enthusiastic leader who likes a hands-on approach!
- Previous experience in a similar environment with the knowledge and understanding of cleaning equipment, methods and procedures.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to relate well with a range of people.
- Effective communication and coordination skills to manage a small team.
- Takes initiative to get the job done and identify areas for improvement.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
How to apply
Visit SEEK, click ‘Apply for this job’ and submit your application including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here. For a confidential discussion please contact Stuart Ritchie, Facilities Coordinator on (03) 5321 6435.
Applications close Monday 10 June 2019. Interviews will commence Monday 17 June 2019.
* The hourly rate includes a 25% special engagement allowance that compensates for working weekends and public holidays as set out in the Hepburn Shire Council Enterprise Agreement (No.8) 2017
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.