Community and Cultural Development Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $59,922 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Community and Cultural Development Officer to facilitate community participation in the planning and development of priority community and cultural development projects within Hepburn Shire Council.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma and some relevant experience, or lesser formal qualifications with 3-5 years experience in community and cultural development.
- Experience and practical understanding in one or more of the following – community development/community engagement/arts administration/cultural development/community planning, policy and programs/ cultural heritage reconciliation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Developed communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present verbal and written reports including funding applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high quality outcomes as planned.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative projects and initiatives.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preparing funding applications and organising events.
- Experience in working with local community groups is preferred.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence is essential.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Mark Travers, Manager Community and Economic Development on 03 5321 6113.
Closing date: Sunday 20 November 2016