Community Care Support Worker
About the role
As a Community Care Support Worker with Hepburn Shire Council, you will deliver support to your clients living in the community. The services you provide will encourage their independence, foster social connectedness within the community, nurture their quality of life and empower them to continue living independently in their own homes.
A typical day would see you attend scheduled visits to your clients, 1:1 interaction with clients and their loved ones within homes as well as provide assistance outlined in their individual care plans. You will also:
- Provide in home care such as personal care daily activities including showering, personal hygiene, food preparation
- Assist clients within the community to go about their daily activities such as grocery shopping or visit the bank.
- Support clients to undergo therapy programs or prescribed exercise.
What we’re looking for
You communicate and interact well with clients in a cooperative, positive and empathetic manner and are sensitive to their needs. You are most productive when working in accordance to set guidelines/plans and are able to prioritise tasks to ensure time constraints are met and daily tasks are achieved.
In addition, you will have:
- A minimum qualification of Certificate III in individual Support, HACC, Aged Care or Disability and a current ‘Provide First Aid’ certificate.
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence and a reliable vehicle that is registered and insured.
- Current ‘Provide First Aid’ Certificate and CPR (updated within the previous 12 months).
- Current Working with Children Check.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and if required an International Police Check. Candidates must also hold a current Working with Children Check.
How to apply
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining how you meet the position criteria. Please include in your application a copy of your certificates and submit to email@example.com
If you have further queries, contact our People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ongoing recruitment opportunity
- Casual – hourly rate range of $32.42 – $35.90 (inclusive of 25% loading) rate dependent upon duties performed +9.5% superannuation.
- Allowance paid for travel between appointments.