Community Development Officer
Permanent – Full Time
Band 5 (commencing salary from $61,378 p.a.) + 9.5% super with monthly RDO
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Community Development Officer to work with the community to develop resilience and build capacity within the Hepburn Shire and to facilitate community participation in the planning and development of priority community and cultural development projects.
We are looking for a motivated professional with experience in community development to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you are passionate about making positive changes for the local community, please come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree or Diploma and at least two years experience, or lesser formal qualifications with at least three years experience in one or more of the following – community development, community engagement, public arts administration, cultural development, community planning, policy and programs, cultural heritage.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preparing funding applications and organising events.
- Experience in working with local community groups.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence is essential.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven track record of planning and effectively delivering innovative projects and initiatives.
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering effective community engagements and achieving outcomes that consider all stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to prepare and present verbal and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities while maintaining high quality outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Rachel Palmer, Coordinator Community Partnerships on (03) 5321 6425.
Closing date: Sunday 18 November 2018