Community Development Officer
- Daylesford location with travel throughout Hepburn Shire
- Full Time ongoing role
- Band 6 commencing salary $75,961 p.a plus 9.5% superannuation
Reporting to the Coordinator Community Partnerships the Community Development Officer role is suitable for someone who is passionate about engaging with people from diverse backgrounds and creating unique solutions to meet the needs of the community.
This role is fundamental in strengthening the way Council engages within and for the community. This role will develop and sustain opportunities for the community to be supported, connected and engaged in projects and programs that are meaningful to them. Your ability to lead and drive engagement strategies through your strong communication and advocacy skills, plus your non-judgemental and positive attitude, will see you succeed in this role.
Ideally you will have:
- Proven experience in community development in a local government environment and a good understanding of contemporary practices and principles. A formal qualification is highly favourable.
- Experience in planning and passionately delivering innovative programs and community engagement plans.
- Highly developed collaboration and partnership experience, specifically to identify and leverage funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiating and networking skills to achieve mutual outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills, including the ability to accurately prepare and present verbal and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and work independently in the community while maintaining high quality outcomes.
Why Hepburn Shire Council?
The Shire of Hepburn is known as the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area prides itself on its unique local businesses, restaurants, spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work!
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion please call Rachel Palmer, Coordinator Community Partnerships on 03 5321 6425.
Closing date: Sunday 10 March 2019