Community Programs Officer
Permanent – Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 5 (commencing salary from $61,378 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Community Programs Officer to work within the Economic and Community Development Team on the planning and delivery of projects and initiatives to enable the achievement of active and engaged communities.
We are looking for a motivated professional with experience in community development to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you are passionate about making positive changes for the local community, please come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- At least two years relevant experience
- Degree or diploma qualifications in Sports Management, Health Promotion or recreation related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of project planning and delivery within the recreation and/or health promotions sector
- Demonstrated experience in project management, preparing funding applications and organising events.
- Experience in working with local community groups is preferred.
- A current Victorian driver’s licence is essential.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering effective community engagements.
- Proven ability to develop and sustain collaborative activities with all community stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret and understand relevant policies, procedures and guidelines, and the long-term goals of the Community and Economic Development Team, and the wider organisation. Knowledge and familiarity with the principles and practices of budgeting and managing projects within budgets.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to prepare detailed written submissions, reports, and funding applications.
- Understanding of data collection and analysis to assist in making evidence based decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Rachel Palmer, Coordinator Community Partnerships on (03) 5321 6425.
Closing date: Sunday 16 September 2018