Community Safety Officer
We are currently looking for a proactive individual who is experienced in local enforcement and community principles to join our Community Safety team. This position is located in Daylesford and will work across the Hepburn Shire. This role is a full time ongoing opportunity with a monthly rostered day off and is classified at Band 5 commencing salary $62,106 p.a. plus 9.5% super.
About the Role
Reporting to the Community Safety Coordinator the Community Safety Officer is responsible for assisting with the enforcement of regulatory functions of Council in the following areas:
- Animal control (Domestic & Livestock)
- Municipal fire management
- Local laws
- Parking control
- Litter control and occasional school crossing supervision.
In this role you will provide advice in relation to investigations and enforcement matters within the community which will require you to skillfully negotiate a resolution in a logical and composed way. There may be times where you are also required to deal with difficult and sensitive situations and it will be important for you to remain calm and respond with balanced judgements. This is a busy role and will require you to have flexibility to work in accordance to a roster for afterhours work and occasional weekend work. Previous experience in a local government environment accompanied by relevant legislation and regulatory knowledge for local law enforcement is highly desirable.
Ideally you will be:
- A strong communicator with good interpersonal skills, enabling you to build lasting relationships and to liaise positively with key stakeholders.
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a role that provides a high level of variety and autonomy, as you will often be working with minimal supervision.
- Excellent with your time management and organisational skills to ensure you manage your priorities effectively.
- Driven to achieve positive outcomes for the community in a timely manner.
- Tech savvy and have the ability to use computer systems.
If you would like to know more about this role or have any questions, please contact David George, Coordinator Community Safety on (03) 5321 6431 for a confidential discussion.
How to Apply
Submit an application via SEEK including the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
Applications close Sunday 4 August 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.