Community Safety Officer
- Enjoy working outdoors and actively working across a range of regulatory functions?
- Are you looking for a career that focuses on public safety within the local community?
- Full Time ongoing role with a monthly RDO, commencing July 2019
- Band 5 commencing salary $62,106 p.a. plus 9.5% super
About the role
Reporting to the Community Safety Coordinator, the Community Safety Officer role is responsible for assisting the enforcement of regulatory functions of Council including animal control, Municipal fire management, local laws, parking control, litter control and occasional school crossing supervision. This varied role will ensure you are kept busy however your enthusiasm, ability to manage time, prioritise responsibilities and work cooperatively with others is what will see you succeed in this role.
You will need experience in domestic and farm animal welfare in the context of community safety, administrative skills, including the ability to use, databases and other corporate systems to write reports and accurately record information. In this role, you will need a current drivers licence be available to work on a rotating roster to cover weekend and after hours work. There may be times where you will be required to deal with difficult situations so your ability to remain calm, respond professionally and resolve issues in a timely manner will assist you to achieve positive outcomes for all involved.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- An enthusiastic approach
- Relevant experience and knowledge in Local Government regulation or a related field
- Experience using computer systems and software including MS Office, databases and record management systems
- Experience in working with animal management and welfare with regard to Local Laws
- Strong communication skills with an ability to relate well with a diverse range of people and keep calm under pressure and the
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
How to apply
Visit SEEK, click ‘Apply for this job’ and submit your application including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please contact David George, Coordinator Community Safety on (03) 5321 6431.
Applications close Sunday 26 May 2019.