Coordinator Waste Services
• Permanent Full Time role with monthly RDO
• Commencing salary $85,299 p.a + 9.5% superannuation
• Located in Daylesford
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role:
Hepburn Shire Council takes a proactive approach to waste management and this role will lead our waste and resource recovery functions including contracts for kerbside waste, recycling collections, the management of waste facilities and reporting.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Oversee the successful delivery of waste services and projects.
• Develop, promote and implement a revised waste management strategy.
• Ensure Council is demonstrating leadership in supporting community members and businesses to reduce waste to landfill and improve rates of municipal recycling.
• Manage Council’s contract(s) for kerbside collection of garbage and recyclables and any additional introduced collection services.
• Oversee the operation of Council’s transfer stations and waste/recycling facilities, currently situated at Creswick, Daylesford and Trentham including the sourcing of markets for recycled materials.
• Ensure Council remains compliant with all legislation and EPA best practice guidelines relating to the collection, storage and transport of waste and the management of current and former waste facilities.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Tertiary qualification and/or demonstrated experience in sustainability, waste management, environmental science or a business discipline is desirable.
• Experience in leading and managing a team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated knowledge of waste management practices and principles preferably in a local government setting.
• Demonstrated experience working with community members on initiatives and programs that reduce waste to landfill and improve rates of recycling and re-use.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
How to apply
Please submit your application here including a:
1. Cover letter;
2. Resume; and
3. Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
For a confidential discussion please contact David Watson, Manager Waste & Environment on 03 5321 6489.
Applications close Sunday 8 December 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.
We’re social! – Connect with us through LinkedIn, Facebook,Instagram