Coordinator Sport & Active Recreation
- Permanent full-time with monthly RDO
- Commencing salary $86,280.48 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation
- Daylesford location
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role:
A new role within Council, the Coordinator Sport & Active Recreation is responsible for leading a team to develop healthy, vibrant and connected communities through increasing opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation. You will lead the development of sport and active recreation infrastructure projects and program initiatives throughout Hepburn Shire. You will also provide input into Council’s corporate and strategic planning to ensure that future sport and active recreation needs are appropriately considered.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-motivated and accomplished leader with an ability to develop strong partnerships with the community, internally with Council departments and within the sport and active recreation sector.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the development and implementation of Council’s Recreation and Open Space Strategy, Master Plans, Active Women & Girls Strategy, Walking & Cycling Strategy, Sport & Active Recreation Pipeline and other relevant sport and active recreation strategies and plans.
- Identify and lead Council’s innovative approaches to facility management and operations that support sport and active recreation programming and participation.
- Ensure quality funding submissions are prepared in a timely manner to attract external funding for sport and active recreation infrastructure and program initiatives.
- Develop and support key sport and active recreation community partnerships and facilitate collaborative opportunities with key stakeholders in the sport and active recreation sector.
- Lead and participate in project teams that contribute to the development of sport and active recreation facility related policies and strategies.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field, with appropriate experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience.
- Highly developed project management skills with specific experience with sport and active recreation infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated skills in community engagement, including designing and facilitating engagement events and activities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated experience in sport and active recreation planning and knowledge of contemporary themes and the current policy environment in sport and active recreation.
- High level written communication skills with experience in project plans, business cases and operational reports.
- Experience within a local government context will be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Andrew Burgess, Manager Community & Economic Development on (03) 5321 6113.
Applications close: 23 February 2020
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.