Council adopted the 2016/17 Budget at its meeting in Daylesford on 21 June 2016.
The Budget funds new initiatives and delivers improved services for the community. Cost savings and efficiencies achieved during our four year term have enabled Council to keep its rate increase within the State Government’s 2.5% rate cap
The total Capital Works Program will be $13.9 million, of which $7.4 million relates to renewal of our assets.
Highlights from the 2016/17 Budget include:
- Maintenance and upgrades of our Roads and Footpaths, including reconstructions, resheeting, resealing, footpath expansion and streetscapes renewal
- Building renewal to maintain our old and new buildings and public toilet upgrades
- Walking and Cycling priority identification and construction of new and improved trails
- Improvement works to our public parks, reserves, botanic gardens and mineral springs
- Towards Zero Sustainability Strategy Implementation, including alternate water sources, water efficiency measures, renewable energy generation and energy efficiency actions
- Facility development and expanded programs for recreation, children and youth
- Community planning implementation fund to deliver on community plan priorities.