Tonight at Council’s Special Council Meeting, Council resolved to:
- Acknowledge and accept the resignation of Mr Evan King as the Chief Executive Officer effective 14 February 2021, with annual leave from the 30 January 2021;
- Acknowledge and thanked Evan King for his professionalism while in the role and acknowledge the many projects and activities undertaken under his leadership;
- Appoint My Bradley Thomas as Interim Chief Executive Officer from 30 January 2021 for a period of not more than twelve months or until the commencement of the new Chief Executive Officer (whichever is sooner), with employment conditions per the confidential attachment;
- Approve the Mayor to sign a variation of employment for Mr Bradley Thomas the interim Chief Executive Officer;
- Note that all delegations from the Council to the Chief Executive Officer apply to the Interim Chief Executive following their appointment; and
- Endorse the formulation of a sub committee consisting of Councillor Hood and Councillor Henderson and chaired by Cr Lesley Hewitt to seek proposals and engage a recruitment company to assist Council in the recruitment of a new Chief Executive Officer.