All Ordinary Meetings of Council are held on the third Tuesday of each month commencing at 6pm.
The monthly meeting is open to the public. You are invited to come and watch your Council in action. The Council promotes and encourages community participation in the governance of Council.
Local Law No 1 – Meeting Procedures 2014 regulates the procedure for meetings.
Council Meetings During COVID-19 Pandemic – Virtual Council Meeting
In response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, the State government has recently introduced temporary measures that allow for virtual Council meetings to be conducted. The change to legislation ensures the safe continuation of local government decision making for both Councillors and the community.
In light of this, for the foreseeable future, Council will hold virtual Council meetings.
The community is at the forefront of our decisions. As such we have implemented some minor changes to enable public participation whilst adhering to the advice of health and government agencies relating to COVID-19.
Changes to Public Question Time:
- At Virtual Council Meetings, the Mayor will read out the question(s) submitted by community members and provide a verbal response at the meeting.
- Written responses will be provided to submitters after the meeting.
- Members of the public are invited to submit written questions this form https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/hepburn/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Editable-Form-Public-Question-Time.pdf to the Chief Executive Officer by 12 noon on the day of the Ordinary Meeting of Council.
- Public Question time will continue to follow ordinary process in line with the details on the prescribed form and in accordance with Council’s Meeting Procedure Local Law #1.
- Completed Public Question Time Forms can be submitted by emailing email@example.com with the words ‘Public Question’ in the subject line.
- Public Question Time Forms received after 12 noon will be held over to the next Ordinary Meeting of Council. Requesting to Address Council
- If you would like to address Council, you must provide a brief synopsis of your address in writing to the Chief Executive Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on the day of the Ordinary Meeting of Council.
- A time limit of three minutes for each address will apply but the time may be extended at the discretion of the Chairperson.
- Please provide your phone number and email address so that Council staff can contact you prior to the meeting to organise for you to participate in the virtual council meetings.
- You will be sent an invitation to the Virtual Council Meeting with associated instructions to assist you with your request to address Council.
- For further information please email the Governance and Risk Department via e: Governance_Compliance_Risk@hepburn.vic.gov.au
For more information regarding Public Participation click here https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/public-participation/
The Council meeting will be live streamed and can be viewed on our Facebook page.
Special Council Meetings
Council may hold a Special Council meeting to consider a particular issue, such as the annual budget or election of the Mayor.
Special Council meetings may be held to:
- Hear submissions regarding Council’s Budget and Council Plan
- Elect the Mayor and Deputy Mayor & Civic Reception
While COVID-19 restrictions continue, all meetings will be held virtually and streamed via Council’s Facebook page.
Once restrictions have been lifted and face to face meetings are able to resume, all ordinary meetings will be held at the Daylesford Senior Citizens Rooms (rear of 76 Vincent Street Daylesford):
ORDINARY MEETING DATES 2020
|Tuesday 18 February||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 17 March||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 21 April – Postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 19 May||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 16 June||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 21 July||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 18 August||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 15 September||6:00pm|
|Election (Caretaker) Period|
|Tuesday 17 November||6:00pm|
|Tuesday 15 December||6:00pm|
|OTHER MEETING DATES 2020|
|Special Meeting to Hear Budget Submissions – Tuesday 2 June 2020 – This meeting has been cancelled||6:00pm||Daylesford Senior Citizens Rooms (rear of 76 Vincent Street Daylesford)|
Special Meeting to Hear Budget Submissions – Tuesday 7 July 2020
Only those who have made a submission to the Draft Budget 2020/2021 and have asked to address Council will be invited to speak. Public Question time will be conducted at the next Ordinary Meeting of Council.
This meeting will be conducted virtually via video conference and live streamed via Council’s Facebook page, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Special Meeting to consider the Draft Governance Rules and Draft Public Transparency Policy for Public Consultation – Tuesday 14 July 2020
There will be no Public Participation Time at this meeting.
|6:00pm||This meeting will be conducted virtually via video conference and live streamed via Council’s Facebook page, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic|
|Statutory Meeting – Election of the Mayor – Tuesday 10 November 2020 (subject to timing of results from Council elections)||6:00pm||Daylesford Senior Citizens Rooms (rear of 76 Vincent Street Daylesford)|