Creswick Hub Team Leader
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO Band 5 – commencing salary $58,008 p.a. + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Community & Economic Development Team to appoint a full time Team Leader at our newly renovated Creswick Hub. Our new Hub in Creswick will incorporate council and library services as well as community, art and exhibition spaces. This newly created role will attract and coordinate activities and oversee management and operations of the Creswick Hub to ensure an accessible, vibrant centre which responds to the needs and aspirations of the local community.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Together with other Hepburn Shire Council staff providing services and activities at the Creswick Hub, you will be responsible for activating the community spaces in and around the centre and ensuring the smooth running of the Hub, including but not limited to:
- Coordinating the day to day operation and delivery of all services at the Creswick Hub.
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service for the entire centre, including Library and Council Customer Service.
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of Council operations.
- Providing supervision, mentoring and support to staff.To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant post secondary qualifications with some experience, or knowledge of and experience of services operated at the Hub and/or a similar facility (e.g. customer service, library operations, community programming).
- Demonstrated experience in planning, delivery and promotion of programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Proven experience in supervising staff and supporting their training and development.
- Highly developed computer and administration skills with a sound understanding of finance, records and library management systems.
- Relevant cash handling and reconciliation process experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and embrace change within the work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun. To Apply: A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.vic.gov.auApplications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor a confidential discussion call Ellie Beer, Library & Visitor Services Coordinator, on 0427 844 773.
Closing date: Sunday 30 August 2015