Customer Service Officer (12 month Fixed Term)
Hepburn Shire Council is currently in a period of positive change which makes it an exciting and opportune time to join our Council and to focus on delivering a customer first approach to help shape a progressive future for the region. Offering a supportive, professional and motivating work environment with strong community values, Council enables all employees to focus on delivering great outcomes while also giving attention to career development and new experiences. This is a great opportunity for candidates from both local government and corporate sector backgrounds.
About the role
- Full Time 12 month Fixed Term Contract with monthly RDO
- Band 4 commencing salary $56,506 p.a. plus 9.5% super
Reporting to the Customer Experience Team Leader – Daylesford, the Customer Service Officer role is key to delivering on the customer first approach of Council. You will often be the first point of contact with customers and will be committed to providing excellent customer service, working with a proactive and solution oriented approach.
This role does require someone who can remain, calm, professional and courteous even when faced with challenging and difficult customer situations. Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with both internal and external contacts is essential.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills in a similar customer service environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relations skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be an integral part of a team striving to deliver excellence in customer service;
- High level proficiency in using technology, internal systems and databases;
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and deal with difficult customers;
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
Council values the contribution of their people and offers attractive benefits for all employees to support their personal and professional development, and their work life balance.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please contact Ashleigh Mahon, Customer Experience Team Leader on 03 5321 6458.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.