Customer Service Officer (Casual)
Support multiple locations across Hepburn Shire – Daylesford, Clunes, Creswick and Trentham.
Work in a variety of roles including Council Customer Service, Library Officer and Visitors Information Officer.
Band 3 – Band 4 inclusive of casual leave loading – $33.08 per hour – $35.29 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation
Are you an experienced Customer Service professional that is flexible and available at short notice? We are seeking casual team members to support a variety of Customer Service sites, engaging with many different kinds of Council customers.
- Council Customer Service – Daylesford
- Daylesford Library
- Visitors Information Centre – Daylesford
- Creswick Hub
- The Warehouse – Clunes
- Trentham Library
The shifts are covered by our casual team members include:
- Unexpected employee absences, sick leave, carers leave
- Planned leave periods, including annual leave and rostered days
- Coverage for peak or seasonal work periods
Provide a high level of customer service to the public, Council and its departments by:
- Responding to and resolving in-person and phone enquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Providing accurate information to customers through the use of internal computer systems and procedures.
- Ensuring the secure and accurate collection of monies from the public.
- Assisting customers to access services and information by maintaining an excellent knowledge of Council operations and services.
- Undertaking training and development relevant to the role to further develop skills.
To be successful you will possess:
- Well developed customer service, time management and administration skills.
- Prior experience in a busy customer service role.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Professional presentation.
- Excellent telephone manner and a positive and friendly attitude.
- Experience learning and utilising multiple computer systems.
- Be available to work at short notice during the hours of 8:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am-12.00pm Saturday.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a group interview on Friday 13 April 2018.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion please call Ellie Beer, Library & Visitor Services Coordinator on 5321 6124.
Closing date: Monday 2 April 2018