Economic Development Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO. Band 5.
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint an Economic Development Officer to drive economic development activities across the Hepburn Shire and support the delivery of the Economic Development Strategy.
We are looking for a motivated professional with experience in economic development or business management to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you are passionate about making positive changes for the local community, please come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of economic development programs and/or projects within a government setting, or extensive private sector experience that includes business management, financial control, project management, marketing and communications.
- Tertiary qualifications in a Business discipline would be well received, or lesser qualifications with extensive experience.
To be successful you will possess:
- Project management skills
- High level research, analytical and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Ability to contribute to the operation of a strong and cohesive team
- Understanding of the opportunities and issues faced by the agricultural and tourism sectors
- Understanding of economic development principles.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here and include:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion call Amanda Western, Manager Community and Economic Development, on 03 5321 6113.
Closing date: Sunday 5 November 2017