Economic Development Project Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $59,922 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint an Economic Development Project Officer to implement projects and initiatives to achieve strategic and sustainable economic development within Hepburn Shire Council.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of economic development programs in Local Government, or extensive business management experience that includes financial control, marketing & communications.
- Qualifications in Business, Economics, Economic Development, Tourism or Marketing, or lesser qualifications with extensive experience.
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in Economic Development, Tourism or Business or lesser qualifications with extensive experience
- Previous experience, knowledge and demonstrated capacity to contribute towards economic development outcomes
- Experience in liaising with external and internal stakeholders to create a business network to assist with achieving economic outcomes
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver presentations, reports and manage digital communication platforms
- Project management skills and knowledge
- Well developed problem solving and analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to contribute to the operation of a strong and cohesive team
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Mark Travers, Manager Community and Economic Development on 03 5321 6113.
Closing date: Sunday 11 September 2016