Economic Development Project Officer
Hepburn Shire Council is currently in a period of positive change which makes it an exciting and opportune time to join Our Council, focus on delivering a customer first approach to help shape a progressive future for the region. Offering a supportive, professional and motivating work environment with a keen focus on the community, Council enables all employees to focus on delivering positive outcomes.
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator Economic Development, the primary objective of the Economic Development Project Officer role is to undertake the planning and delivery of initiatives to achieve strategic and sustainable economic outcomes within the Shire. This role is ideal for someone who is able to work in a team to negotiate and create effective project plans.
You will engage with a broad range of stakeholders to coordinate projects between Council units ensuring they are delivered on time and within scope. This is an exciting opportunity for you to apply your thorough understanding of project management and community business activities.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Qualifications in Project Management, Business, Economics, Economic Development, Tourism or Marketing or lesser qualifications with significant relevant industry experience.
- Excellent project management skills and proficient use of project management software and systems including financial reporting systems and budgeting processes.
- Understanding of economic development principles and the ability to apply these to produce sustainable economic outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders to gain cooperation and commitment, with the capacity to manage conflicting situations in a positive manner.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills to create and deliver presentations, reports and manage digital communication platforms.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
Council values the contribution of their people and offers attractive benefits for all employees to support their personal and professional development, and their work life balance.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rebecca Pedretti, Coordinator Economic Development on 03 5321 6105.
Applications close Sunday 19 May 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.