Economic Development Project Officer
Fixed Term 12 month maternity leave role
Full Time with monthly RDO Band 5 ($58,008 – $67,643) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for art , culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Community & Economic Development Team to appoint a Economic Development Project Officer on a fixed term 12 month contract based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has experience supporting the delivery of a range of projects preferably within the area of Economic Development.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To plan, deliver and support the implementation of projects and initiatives to achieve strategic and sustainable economic development in Hepburn Shire Council
- Identify and implement key economic development and tourism projects that lead to increased local economic output and employment
- Develop and manage effective relationships with external stakeholders
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications in Economic Development, Tourism or Business or lesser qualifications with extensive experience
- Previous experience, knowledge and demonstrated capacity to contribute towards economic development outcomes
- Experience in liaising with external and internal stakeholders to create a business network to assist with achieving economic outcomes
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and deliver presentations, reports and manage digital communication platforms
- Project management skills and knowledge
- Well developed problem solving and analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to contribute to the operation of a strong and cohesive team
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Michael Hynes, Community & Economic Development Project Coordinator, on 0429 374 821.
Closing date: Sunday 12 July 2015