Emergency Management Officer
Permanent – Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 6 (commencing salary from $75,097 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint an Emergency Management Officer to assist with the planning, implementation and review of Hepburn Shire’s emergency management in partnership with other organisations.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification relevant to Emergency/Risk Management is desirable or a relevant qualification and demonstrated capacity to undertake the role and/or extensive experience in emergency management local government, CFA or other relevant authority.
- Sound understanding of emergency management and current bushfire community safety policies.
- Experience in development and delivery of emergency management programs that include community development, education and awareness is essential.
- Ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously to meet agreed outcomes with limited resources.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Justin Fiddes, Manager Planning on 03 5321 6182.
Closing date: Sunday 17 June 2018