Environmental Health Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 6 ($71,054 – $77,454 p.a.) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity for an individual experienced and passionate about enhancing the physical environment for residents and clients within the shire to be appointed to the role of Environmental Health Officer based in Daylesford.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To enhance the physical environs for residents and clients of Hepburn Shire via the administration of Acts and Regulations pertaining to public health.
- To implement quality and cost efficient service delivery to target groups within the Shire.
- To ensure the effective and efficient administration of relevant Council policies and environmental health legislation;
- To actively participate in a multi-disciplinary development team and;
- To support the integration of planning and development approvals processes.
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant experience as a qualified Environmental Health Officer.
- Proficient in the operation of computers and other electronic officer equipment.
- Proven ability to schedule and coordinate work programs across a range of activities.
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and objectives and to undertake projects designated to achieve the chose results.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities and plan and organise own work and that of the team to achieve specific and set objectives within set timeframes despite conflicting pressures
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in applying relevant legislation.
- Membership of or eligibility to be a member of the Environmental Health Professionals Australia.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Justin Fiddes, Manager Planning on 03 5321 6458.
Closing date: Sunday 15 March 2015