Permanent – Part Time role (0.8 FTE)
Band 6 (commencing salary pro rata $75,097 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint an Events Officer to work with the community, event organisers and stakeholders to support the delivery of events within the Shire, actively pursuing external funding opportunities whilst effectively managing the events budget. This role includes advocating for and facilitating filming and stills photography by external organisations by way of support in promoting the region to a broad audience as a desirable travel destination and as an economic driver for the Shire.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or diploma relevant to events management with three (3) to five (5) years experience in event management or similar.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Sound understanding and knowledge of event planning, policy and programs
- Well developed oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to speak in public
- Sound knowledge and experience in budget and contract management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and submitting successful funding applications.
- Ability to coordinate and work with event mangers and volunteers.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Rebecca Pedretti, Economic Development Officer on (03) 5321 6105.
Closing date: Sunday 17 June 2018