Executive Assistant – Community & Corporate Services
- Permanent Full Time role with monthly RDO
- Band 5 commencing salary $62,106 p.a + 9.5% superannuation
The Shire of Hepburn is known as the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area prides itself on its unique local businesses, restaurants, spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work! Council offers a supportive, professional and motivating work environment and encourages its staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to join Council to provide high level administrative support and corporate reporting to the Director and management team within the Community Corporate Services directorate. This diverse role requires the successful applicant to extend assistance across a number of functions within Council’s Community & Corporate Services unit. This is a fantastic opportunity to introduce you to the local government sector or to broaden your existing knowledge.
You will be responsible for preparing and coordinating corporate reports, correspondence, documents and briefs/studies on a regular and ad-hoc basis and will need to be familiar working within a reporting system, electronic document management system and MS Office. A high level of attention to detail and proactive approach to anticipating the needs of the team is highly regarded. If successful, you will work in a fast paced office environment, requiring you to be adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks at once, while working with a high degree of autonomy.
This role also includes the day-to-day management of phone calls and emails on behalf of the Director, as well as managing calendar requests, scheduling of meetings and preparing correspondence material. You will work closely with the other EA’s within Council to support our Directors and leadership team to achieve strategic and operational objectives.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Previous senior administrative experience with relevant qualification;
- Ability to develop strong collaborative relationships supported by well-developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion;
- Able to cooperatively resolve problems to achieve desired outcomes within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests;
- Excellent planning, analytical, organisational and time management skills within an environment of frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities and
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
For a confidential discussion please contact Bradley Thomas, Director Community and Corporate Services on 03 5321 6450.
Applications close Sunday 14 July 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.