In order to manage all the wood collected from storm clean-up activities Council is offering free firewood to community members.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you with your trailers!
Trentham – https://bit.ly/3Bfubc6
Creswick – https://bit.ly/3Eg3CWm
Daylesford – https://bit.ly/3bmWVW5
How do I find out about the free firewood program?
Please subscribe and see further information in the Hepburn Life newsletter.
Where can I book?
- Bookings can be made online via Eventbrite. Bookings are at 5-minute intervals throughout the day. Please note that the first time available is the time appearing on the front screen. Just click on the red box marked ‘tickets’ to the right of the webpage to open the list of available times for each day. More timeslots will be added in coming months.
I don’t have access to the internet.
- If you are unable to book using the Eventbrite website, please ask a friend or family member to book for you.
- If you are still unable to book, please contact Hepburn Shire Councils Customer Experience team on 03 5348 2306 to assist you.
I don’t have a trailer or ute, how can I collect firewood?
- Do you have a friend or family member with a trailer or ute who can collect firewood for you?
- Hepburn Shire Council are working with local community groups to deliver loads of firewood for wider distribution across their communities. Please refer to your local community group or to register your community group’s interest in this program please email Inga Hamilton – Ihamilton@hepburn.vic.gov.au
I want to collect for my neighbour or relative
- No problems, please ensure you register in your neighbour or relatives’ name and have a copy of a rates notice or driver’s license.
Can I book for more than 1 load?
- To ensure that everyone in our community can register and collect free firewood, we’ve capped the program at 2m3 per household. If your trailer or ute doesn’t hold the full 2m3, please make a second booking at a later date. There is plenty of wood to go around so let’s make sure everyone gets their fair share to collect a trailer or ute load to start with.
- If you collected wood during the trial and didn’t collect 2m3, please make a new booking to collect the rest of your allotted amount of firewood
I live outside Hepburn Shire; can I collect free firewood?
- This program is open to residents and ratepayers of Hepburn Shire only.
What happens on the day?
- Please arrive on time and follow the safety directions of the transfer station staff.
- You are required to check in using the QR code on-site.
- Please wear a mask and follow Covid-19 safe practices.
- Please remain in your vehicle while our team loads your trailer/utility.
- Please bring along your identification to prove you are a resident or ratepayer in Hepburn Shire (driver license or rate notice).
- You are responsible for your vehicle and trailer while on-site and when you leave the transfer station.
- Council will follow safe procedures for loading the firewood (but will not engage in manual handling).
- Loading of firewood is at your risk. Council is not liable for damages to property during the operation.
- Our team reserves the right to refuse to fill unsafe trailers/utility vehicles. A suitable safe area will be available for you to secure your load before leaving the transfer station if required.
- Bad behaviour and abuse toward our staff will not be tolerated. Our team reserves the right to ask you to leave at any time.
- Hepburn Shire Council reserves the right to cancel or amend the program at their discretion.
How do I amend or cancel my booking?
- Please book, amend, and cancel your booking directly via the Eventbrite website. If you have issues amending or cancelling your booking, please contact Hepburn Shire Councils Customer Experience team on 03 5348 2306
How do I prepare the wood for burning?
- This is green, unseasoned firewood which required drying prior to being burnt. It is not suitable to be burnt this season. To help the wood dry properly, place it in a covered, airy location. Green wood may take 12-18 months to dry out.
- Periodically, we will send out requests for feedback. This 2-minute survey allows us to continually fine tune the free firewood program.