General Manager Community & Corporate Services
- Daylesford location
- Salary package includes vehicle
- Broad and diverse leadership role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be an integral part of the Executive Team in shaping a progressive and sustainable future for the Hepburn Shire Council through your leadership of a multi-disciplinary team encompassing governance & information, finance, information technology, aged & disability services and community & economic development. This position is a dynamic and challenging blend of strategic leadership and operational management across the diverse Community & Corporate services portfolio.
The successful applicant must be a skilled and experienced manager with the ability to lead and engage employees, communicate effectively and work with Councillors and the community. It is not expected you will have expertise in all disciplinary areas but rather the ability to direct, develop and inspire a team of dedicated professionals in effective delivery of a range of high quality community focussed services.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication and analytical skills which compliment your ability to translate strategy and policy into deliverable outcomes. With a tertiary qualification in business related area and a track record in senior management in local government you will provide effective leadership in representing and demonstrating the organisation’s values.
Key Selection Criteria
Selection will be based on the following, however, reference will also be made to other listed skills, knowledge and attributes as required in the Position Description.
- Appropriate qualifications in a business related area, such as, accounting/business/commerce/economics.
- Proven general management skills and experience in guiding, leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team.
- A demonstrated ability as part of a leadership team to promote and foster a strong and inclusive culture across the whole of Council.
- Sound knowledge of commercial and business management strategies and practices with demonstrable experience in business analysis.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, respond and satisfy the needs of the community in a service oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as a member of the Executive Management Team, attend Council and Council Committee meetings.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Vivienne Green , Manager People & Performance on (03) 5321 6409.
Closing date: Sunday 14 October 2018