Coordinator Governance & Information
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $82,423 p.a. + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Coordinator Governance & Information to deliver high performing Corporate Governance, Records, Information and Risk services, including professional delivery and coordination of services and specific projects within a politically sensitive environment.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Develop the Governance capacity of the elected Council and staff.
- Maintain Council’s Instruments of Delegation to staff and special committees.
- Prepare and compile accurate electronic Council Meeting, Briefings and Audit and Risk Advisory Committee Minutes and Agenda’s and ensure appropriate follow up to decisions of Council using the Council Meeting Action Register.
- Coordinate Audit and Risk Advisory Committee meetings and management of independent members to meet legislative requirements and comply with the Terms of Reference for the committee.
Information and Records Management
- Oversee the day to day operations and coordination of Council’s Records Management Unit which includes ensuring that relevant work schedules are developed and maintained to ensure effective allocation and completion of tasks within the unit.
- Continue to implement the Records Management Strategy, which includes the continuous improvement of streamlined and efficient Records Management policies, procedures and processes, and the delivery of a training program for all staff. Use the Records Management Improvement Group to gain regular feedback and identify opportunities.
- Develop, implement and maintain business systems to enable the efficient population and consistent regular use of databases of council knowledge, including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other policies and procedures.
Support to GM Corporate Services and Corporate Services Department
- Provide a high level of administration and project development support to the Corporate Services department.
- Coordinate and deliver specific projects within the Corporate Services department and across the organisation.
- Exercise excellent document and records management practices, ensuring that the electronic document management system is effectively managed and utilised.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, corporate, management, governance or legal or less formal qualifications with extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated results in transforming business (process, people and IT) systems to deliver improvements in efficiency, quality and collaboration, particularly in governance, risk or records management related areas.
- Attention to detail and a focus on producing high quality reports, documents, procedures and other publications in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, anticipate requirements and develop systematic solutions in a complex work environment including in response to legislative requirements.
- Strong team building experience, with a proven ability to lead cultural change, manage performance and influence team members to strive to deliver excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated excellence in a customer service environment, including strong communication skills and a positive approach to finding joint solutions.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Grant Schuster, General Manager Corporate Services on 5321 6450.
Closing date: Sunday 12 March 2017