Grants and Project Development Officer
Hepburn Shire Council is currently in a period of positive change which makes it an exciting and opportune time to join our Council, focus on delivering a customer first approach to help shape a progressive future for the region.
Offering a supportive, professional and motivating work environment with strong community values, Council enables all employees to focus on delivering great outcomes while also giving attention to career development and new experiences. This is a great opportunity for candidates from both local government and corporate sector backgrounds.
About the Role
- Flexibility of a Full Time or Part time (0.8) ongoing role
- Band 6 commencing salary $75,961 p.a. (pro rata) plus 9.5% super
- Monthly RDO (applicable to full time hours only)
Reporting to the Director of Community and Corporate Services, this newly created Grants and Project Development Officer role will be responsible for coordinating and planning Council’s grant submissions and identifying future grant opportunities that align to Council programs and overall strategic vision.
You will engage and coordinate key stakeholders in preparation for the delivery of approved funding opportunities and hold responsibility for the associated reporting, financial and acquittal process. Setting up internal processes, procedures, policies and a communication plan will be key in the early stages of this role.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Demonstrated experience in successfully applying for grant funding;
- High standard of written and oral skills;
- Experience and/or knowledge in project management;
- Experience with customer service standards and commitments;
- Significant experience with automated office systems and software;
- Relevant qualifications;
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
This role can be considered as full time or part time (minimum 4 days per week) to be negotiated with the right candidate.
Council values the contribution of their people and offers attractive benefits for all employees to support their personal and professional development, and their work life balance.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please contact Bradley Thomas, Director Community and Corporate Services on 03 5321 6450.
Applications close Sunday 19 May 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.