• Location: Daylesford depots & working at various other locations in the Shire
• Excellent working conditions including a fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
• Work in a cohesive team environment
Full Time with fortnightly RDO
Commencing salary $1,014.90 per week plus 9.5% superannuation
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a positive and inclusive culture in the workplace. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role
Duties will vary but include the maintenance, repair and service to Council infrastructure including road patching, urban street furniture, roadside mowing & vegetation removal and operation of a variety of plant and equipment.
The commencing salary for this position is $1,014.90 per week (including Industry Allowance as set out in the Hepburn Shire Council Enterprise Agreement (No.8) 2017). Superannuation of 9.5% will be paid in addition to the base salary. This position is a full-time role working 76 hours per fortnight over 9 days as this role includes a set fortnightly rostered day off.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and engaged person who takes pride in their work and can work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
To be successful you will possess:
• Previous labouring experience from a varied environment;
• Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence – Medium Rigid; OH&S White Card and Chainsaw Operation Competency (Trim and Cross Cut Level 1);
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member of a high performing team.
• Physical agility and the level of fitness, strength and dexterity to carry out labouring and frequent heavy lifting and bending.
• Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please call Paul Healy, Works Coordinator on 0437482306.
Closing date: Sunday 24 November 2019
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.