Full Time with fortnightly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
Commencing salary $1,000.23 per week + 9.5% superannuation
Location: Creswick depot & various other locations in the Shire
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council is seeking a Handyman/Labourer to work within a cohesive operational team that delivers high-quality maintenance, repair and service to Council plant and equipment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
To be successful you will possess:
- Previous labouring experience from a varied environment;
- Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence – Medium Rigid; OH&S White Card and Chainsaw Operation Competency (Trim and Cross Cut Level 1);
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member of a high performing team.
- Physical agility and the level of fitness, strength and dexterity to carry out labouring and frequent heavy lifting and bending.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
The commencing salary for this position is $1,000.23 per week (including Industry Allowance as set out in the Hepburn Shire Council Enterprise Agreement (No.8) 2017). Superannuation of 9.5% will be paid in addition to the base salary. This position is a full time role working 76 hours per fortnight over 9 days as this role includes a set fortnightly rostered day off.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion please call Paul Healy, Works Coordinator on 0437 482 306.
Closing date: Sunday 10 June 2018