Full Time with fortnightly RDO
Commencing salary $56,581 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council is seeking a Head Gardener to join the Parks and Open Space Team to deliver a wide range of high quality horticultural and plant collection management practices at Wombat Hill Botanical Gardens Daylesford and other public gardens within the Hepburn Shire Council.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
To be successful you will possess:
- Post Trade Certificate qualifications in Horticulture, e.g. a Certificate or Diploma (desired) together with a demonstrated experience in a large public garden such as Botanic Garden and/or the operations of associated organisations.
- Competency in the application of technical skills and knowledge associated with managing a diverse range of botanical assets including knowledge of current horticultural practices, plant identification, plant collection management and performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to operate and maintain a wide range of plant and equipment in a garden environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral to provide a high quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to work as part of an effective team and contribute to workplace improvement programs and team discussions.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
The commencing salary for this position is $56,581 per annum (including Industry Allowance as set out in the Hepburn Shire Council Enterprise Agreement (No.8) 2017). Superannuation of 9.5% plus a Maintenance Allowance of $16.71 per week will be paid in addition to the base salary. This position is a full time role working 76 hours per fortnight over 9 days as this role includes a set fortnightly rostered day off.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion please call Mitch Hogg, Parks & Open Space Coordinator on (03) 5321 6138.
Closing date: Sunday 10 September 2017