The Hub for Premium Produce is a new $720,000 (over 3 years) localised program focused on connecting and actively working with the premium produce enterprises (PPE) in the Hepburn Shire and surrounding region to navigate processes, unlock opportunities, and build the ongoing capacity and skills of the sector to collectively grow and thrive.
This program will provide a clear point of contact between industry, government, and private sector interests. The program itself will be developed and delivered in collaboration with the local industry.
The specific details of the proposed program will be developed with the input of a PPE Industry reference group. This program will seek to achieve the following:
- Mitigate the existing problems and barriers impacting the Hepburn PPE sector
- Improve coordination both within the PPE sector and between the PPE sector and local government
- Increase resilience for the agricultural food sector more broadly
- Improve the strength of Hepburn Shire and the Central Highland’s Region
- Ability to test a greater level of innovation within the PPE sector.
The program will comprise a range of components to directly assist the industry, including:
- Navigating through regulatory processes
- Collecting, collating and disseminating information
- Analysing data, information, and reaching agreed solutions
- Facilitating industry networking opportunities
- Advocating on behalf of industry to government.