Information Officer – Creswick Hub
Permanent Part Time (43 hrs per fortnight)
Band 4 (commencing salary $29.85 per hour) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a permanent, part time Information Officer to be responsible for the daily operation of library and customer service at the Creswick Hub.
To provide a high level of customer service to the public, Council and its departments by:
- responding to and resolving as many counter and phone enquiries as possible at first point without the need to refer the enquiries to other staff,
- ensuring the Library collection is maintained and responsive to community needs,
- ensuring the secure collection of monies from the public,
- maintaining an excellent knowledge of Council operations, and
- dissemination of information, documents and forms of a general nature to the public.
To be successful you will possess:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer services, preferably in a library and/or Council environment.Demonstrated ability and understanding of financial processes for handling cash and reconciliation of monies received.
- Demonstrated keyboard, telephone and administrative skills including proficient use of Internet, Microsoft Office suite and other databases.
- Well developed skills in managing time, planning and organising own work to achieve position objectives within timelines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relations skills including the ability to contribute effectively in a professional team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and embrace change within the work environment.
- Department of Justice working with children check or willingness to obtain
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
The Creswick Hub operates a two week rotating roster and the successful candidate must also be available to work the current rostered days of Monday, Thursday, Friday (Week 1) and Monday, Friday, Saturday (Week 2).
Applications should include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the position description, and be emailed to email@example.com
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburnshire.com.au.
For a confidential discussion call Ellie Beer, Library and Visitor Services Coordinator on 5321 6124.
Closing date: Sunday 11 October 2015