Kerbside Collection Service and Tip Vouchers
Kerbside Collection Service
Council provides a weekly kerbside garbage and fortnightly recycling collection service to the townships of Clunes, Creswick, Daylesford, Hepburn Springs and Trentham. Council also provide a fortnightly rubbish and recycle collection to some rural areas.
To find out when your collection day click on the calendar below:
* Please note that collections in Newbury are on Thursday
Place bins out before 6.00am on your collection day (i.e. place out the night before) to ensure your bins are emptied:
- Place bin close to the gutter with the handles facing your house
- Place your garbage and recycling bins at least one metre apart
- Place only approved recyclables in the recycling bin
- Please do not overfill or place anything on top of the bins.
In the townships of Clunes, Creswick, Daylesford, Hepburn Springs and Trentham, domestic garbage is collected from 120 litre mobile garbage bins only (green or red lid) and it is the property owners/occupiers responsibility to purchase a bin. Council has a supply of 120 litre bins for purchase by residents within the collection boundaries.
Township recycling is collected from 240 litre bins (yellow lid) only and these bins are supplied by Council. They belong to the property and are to remain at the property.
For those properties in the rural domestic kerbside garbage and recycling collection service, a 140 litre bin (red lid) is used for garbage and a 240 litre bin (yellow lid) is to be used for recycling. This service operates on an alternate fortnightly service so one week is the garbage collection and the next is recycling. Please check the calendars for your days of service.
Commercial garbage is collected from 240 litre bins (green lid) only and it is the property owners/occupiers responsibility to purchase a bin. Council has a supply of 240 litre bins for purchase by businesses within the collection boundaries.
Residential properties (with a house only) which are outside the collection areas and do not receive a township or rural kerbside garbage collection service will receive 12 ‘tip vouchers’ with their first rates notice each financial year. Each voucher allows for the disposal of up to 0.5 cubic metres of garbage free of charge at Council’s transfer stations in Daylesford, Creswick and Trentham.
- New houses in collection areas can request a collection service and purchase a garbage bin by completing the domestic request form, or visiting a customer service centre in Daylesford, Creswick or Clunes.
- To request commercial garbage and recycling in the collection areas, complete the commercial request form, or visit a customer service centre in Daylesford, Creswick or Clunes.
- To purchase bins or additional services, complete either the commercial request form or the domestic request form, or visit a customer service centre in Daylesford, Creswick or Clunes.
- To request repairs for bin damage, to report a missed collection, or for further information, contact Council on (03) 5348 2306.
Domestic Kerbside Garbage & Recycling – Weekly – (Use this form to apply for a collection within township areas)
Domestic Kerbside Garbage & Recycling – Fortnightly – (Use this form to apply for a collection in rural areas)
Christmas New Year Collections
There will be no garbage or recycling collections on Christmas Day. Please consult the the kerbside calendars (above) for your area for the relevant collection dates.
Some households receive free tip vouchers each year. Below is how Council distributes these passes:
- If a property is classed ‘urban’ it gets weekly rubbish and fortnightly recycling kerbside collection. These properties don’t get tip vouchers.
- If a property is classed ‘rural’ and is INSIDE Council’s rural collection network, it gets fortnightly rubbish and fortnightly recycling kerbside collection (alternating weeks). These properties get 2 tip vouchers per rates year.
- If a property is classed ‘rural’ and is OUTSIDE Council’s rural collection network, it gets no kerbside collection service. These properties get 12 tip vouchers per rates year.
Tip vouchers are collected in person from the transfer stations or our Customer Service centres. Owners need to provide proof of ID or a copy of their rates while renters can collect vouchers if they have a letter from the property owner. Council will then issue the resident with all their vouchers. They are then treated like cash – so please take care of them.
Due to COVID-19, Council has extended the timeframe by which the vouchers can be used. Normally they expire on 30 September. Vouchers for the 19/20 financial year now expire 31 December 2020. If you haven’t picked up your vouchers yet, you can still do this – collect them from our Customer Service centres or transfer station.