Library Officer – Trentham
Permanent Part Time (17.25 hours per week)
Band 3 ($49,124 – $52,113 pro rata p.a.) plus super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent, part time Library Officer to assist the Library Team Leader in the day-to-day operation of the Trentham branch.
- Provide efficient and effective customer service to all customers.
- Ensure a clean and tidy environment is presented to customers at all times.
- Operate the circulation desk to enable borrowers to join, borrow, reserve, renew and return library materials.
- Maintain appropriate library tasks including sorting, shelving, repairs.
- Conduct library programming as required e.g. story time sessions
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the library service.
- Follow approved cash handling procedures.
To be successful you will possess:
- Year 11 or equivalent / VCE education.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated numeracy, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail and with confidentiality.
- Understanding of and the ability to work in conjunction with library guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Department of Justice working with children check.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
The successful candidate must also be available to work Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburnshire.com.au .
Applications should include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the position description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Ellie Beer, Library Operations Coordinator on 5321 6124.
Closing date: Sunday 03 May 2015