Major Project Manager
Full Time Fixed Term 2 Year Contract
Remuneration to be negotiated based on experience
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
As the Major Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of designated projects throughout all phases of the project cycle. From concept design to procurement, construction and asset handover you will be able to demonstrate innovation and an ability to manage projects to completion.
Based in Daylesford, the ideal candidate will have significant experience in planning and managing major projects within budget and time constraints.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Development of tender documentation/specifications and supervision of tender assessment processes.
- Facilitation of correspondence, negotiations and discussions as required with consultants, contractors, community, staff and Council.
- Progress project concept to project completion.
- Ensure allocated projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with specified standards.
- Control project budgets including monitoring income and expenditure in relation to assigned projects and to provide contract administration and project reporting.
- Engage with and manage stakeholder relationships and needs.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in project management or related field with several years relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive experience in project management from the planning phase, delivery phase through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to develop tender documentation/specifications and oversee tender assessment processes.
- Proven experience in the supervision of contractors including delivery of services as per contract specifications and adherence to relevant OH&S legislation.
- Proven experience in the monitoring and reporting of expenditure on allocated projects and compliance with allocated budgets.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills including a demonstrated ability to facilitate written correspondence, negotiations and discussions as required with consultants, contractors, community, staff and Council.
- Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships
- Well developed analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgement.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Bruce Lucas, Manager Infrastructure on 0417 557 480.
Closing date: Sunday 13 September 2015