Major Project Officer
Full Time Fixed Term 2 Year Contract
Remuneration to be negotiated based on experience
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council is now recruiting for a Major Project Officer based in Daylesford on a full time two year fixed contract.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in project management or related field with some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with significant experience in project management from the planning phase, delivery phase through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare tender documentation / specifications and participate in tender assessment processes.
- Proven experience in the supervision of contractors to ensure quality outcomes that are fit for purpose, meet industry standards and comply with contract specifications.
- Proven experience in the monitoring and reporting of expenditure on allocated projects and compliance with allocated budgets.
- Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships with written, verbal and presentation skills
- Well developed analytical skills, to handle problem solving and complex, sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Bruce Lucas, Manager Infrastructure on 0417 557 480.
Closing date: Sunday 13 September 2015