Manager Community & Economic Development
Permanent Full Time
Senior Executive Officer package (including vehicle & super)
Based in Daylesford, Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Manager of Community & Economic Development to lead and actively promote strategic direction in alignment with Hepburn Shire Council’s objectives for community and economic development.
The area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and are happy to initiate improved processes and change come and join our team.
- Undertake research, planning and strategy development to ensure Council community and economic development programs, services and projects respond to the current and future needs of the community and industry.
- Drive the implementation of community and economic development strategies and delivery of key strategic projects.
- Ensure community and economic development priority projects are developed and implemented.
- Develop agility, adaptability and responsiveness based on a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and learning.
- Mentor staff to support the use of the high performance reporting system to monitor and report progress against key strategic activities and
- Identify and secure external funding to support initiatives and projects.
- Effectively engage with community and other stakeholders in the development and implementation of policy, strategies and projects.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Economics, Community Services or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience in project management from the planning phase, delivery phase through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise work load to achieve the objectives and goals of this position.
- Proven ability to think at a strategic level in relation to community and economic development matters
- Demonstrated ability to consult and negotiate to positively influence and motivate staff.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Vivienne Green, Manager People & Performance on (03) 5321 6409.
Closing date: Sunday 18 November 2018