Manager, Community and Economic Development
Permanent Full Time
Senior Executive Officer package (including vehicle & super)
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Manager of Community and Economic Development to lead and actively promote strategic direction in alignment with Hepburn Shire Council’s objectives for community and economic development.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Undertake research, planning and strategy development to ensure Council community and economic development programs and services respond to the current and future needs of the community and industry.
- Drive the implementation of community and economic development strategies and deliver key strategic projects.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with other levels of Government, key service providers, community and industry.
- Provide leadership for staff within the Unit that is consistent with the Council’s direction, values and priorities.
- Take a leadership role with other agencies and the community to plan, coordinate and build improved services to residents and businesses.
- Develop productive and collaborative working relationships with other Council departments and key stakeholders.
- Undertake the role of deputy Municipal Recovery Manager (MRM).
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Economics, Community Services or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability and proven experience in project management from the planning phase, delivery phase through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Ability to manage time, set priorities, plan and organise work load to achieve the objectives and goals of this position.
- Well developed skills in managing, leading and motivating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated experience in community and economic development and emerging issues in a local government environment
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Kathleen Brannigan, General Manager Community Service on 0438 481 324.
Closing date: Sunday 11 October 2015