Manager Development & Community Safety
• Full time, exciting leadership opportunity
• Attractive remuneration packages including vehicle
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work. The Hepburn Shire supports to develop and strengthen its communities through exciting economic, environmental and s
About the role
Lead the Development Services and Community Safety teams to deliver statutory and strategic planning and building services, manage environmental health services and provide effective management of community safety in accordance with relevant legislation.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Provide leadership, direction and support to staff in the Planning, Building, Environmental Health and Community Safety Teams. Ensuring efficient and effective structures and processes are in place to ensure staff have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and accountability.
• Provide sound and accurate advice to the Council, Chief Executive Officer, Director Infrastructure & Development Services and other service areas on matters relating to the Planning Unit.
• Integrate and manage an efficient assessment service, which ensures that development is planned and controlled to meet the needs and aspirations of Council, the community, and statutory requirements.
• Ensure the development and provision of strategic planning and structure plans, guidelines and policies which are relevant and appropriate for the Council and reflective of the community’s needs and expectations.
• Oversee the management of local law enforcement and compliance functions including animal control, parking, permits, infringements and urban amenity.
• Ensure councils duties and legislative responsibilities for fire prevention activities are achieved annually, including co-ordination of the Municipal Fire Prevention Committee, fire hazard inspection and notice.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Formal qualification in Statutory/Strategic Planning and demonstrated relevant experience is desirable.
• Strong leadership and team development abilities and project management skills.
• Well-developed analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues and problem solving.
• Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please call Vivienne Green, Manager People & Culture on 03 5321 6409.
Applications close: Sunday 10 November 2019
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.