Permanent Full Time
Senior Executive Officer package (including vehicle & super)
Based in Daylesford, Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Manager of Finance. We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our team. If you take pride in your work and are happy to initiate improved processes and change come and join our team.
The Hepburn Shire area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
- Provide sound financial advice to the Executive Team, Leadership Team, Council and external stakeholders as required.
- Manage the day to day finance functions including accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and rates.
- Ensure Council’s finance systems and policies comply with statutory requirements and best practice financial management principles.
- Develop financial strategies to support the objectives of Council as outlined in the Council Plan.
- Relevant qualifications and significant experience in finance management.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare long range financial plans, budgets and forecasts and provide strategic input into Council’s planning cycle.
- Strong understanding of accounting systems, controls to manage financial risks and underlying corporate databases/systems.
- Ability to manage team members in finance to set priorities for the unit to achieve a broad range of outcomes within prescribed timelines.
- Ability to generate co-operation and trust across all areas of the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Steve Millard, Acting General Manager Community & Corporate Services on 03 5321 6407.
Closing date: Sunday 18 November 2018