Manager Financial Services
- Daylesford location
- Salary package includes vehicle
- Opportunity to stamp your mark
Reporting to the General Manager Community and Corporate Services, you will be an integral part of a new Leadership Team in shaping a progressive and sustainable future for the Hepburn Shire Council through your leadership and development of the finance unit. This position is a dynamic and challenging blend of operational management and enhancing financial systems and processes.
The successful applicant must be a skilled and experienced manager with the ability to lead and engage employees, communicate effectively across the organisation and work with Councillors.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication and analytical skills which compliment your ability to translate the organisations strategic outlook into deliverable outcomes. With a tertiary qualification in business, accounting qualifications and a track record in management in local government you will provide effective leadership in representing and demonstrating the organisation’s values.
Key Selection Criteria
Selection will be based on the following, however, reference will also be made to other listed skills, knowledge and attributes as required in the Position Description.
- Relevant qualifications and significant experience in finance management, particularly in a Local Government context.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare long range financial plans, budgets and forecasts and provide strategic input into Council’s planning cycle.
- Strong understanding of accounting systems, controls to manage financial risks and underlying corporate databases/systems.
- Ability to manage team members in finance to set priorities for the unit to achieve a broad range of outcomes within prescribed timelines.
- Ability to generate co-operation and trust across all areas of the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Bradley Thomas, General Manager Community and Corporate Services on (03) 5321 6450.
Closing date: Sunday 3 February 2019